Thursday, June 18, 2009

beachy

commission. 15"x22" (or so) on gesso board

i spent most of my day finishing up this piece. i wish i could have spent the day lounging on that beach. it looks breezy, peaceful...not too hot. all day while i was painting this piece i wondered if the woman on the far right felt excluded...no one is locking arms with her. or perhaps she was just enjoying the breeze, too. 

*disclaimer: i did not come up with this design on my own. it was an idea already given to me to re-work. another art deco piece to compliment the others

4 comments:

Beverly Stevens said...

Love this one too! I especially love that you are concerned about the girl not linking arms like the others. It is a true reflection of your kind heart! I will definitely stop in Lagniappe on my way to Trib if I ever get back that way soon! Loved talking with you the other night! Take care!

Marci said...

Yes, the lady on the right is like the left out "Real Housewife". Women can be so catty. Sorry, I watch too much Bravo! Love the painting.

darrah said...

thanks bev and marci! and, marci, that is funny. i am with you...i can get roped into bravo myself. it's ridiculous. the real 1920's housewives of O.C....

tipswell said...

nice painting .............
but y u not try to paint single boy & girl....