these are three little sketch-painting samples within a series of eight that are being presented for possible use in a healthcare makeover project. if you line them up side by side, they all flow together. each sample is only about 4"x6" on paper. the final pieces will be 2'x3' on canvas and painted with lots more density and texture.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
i am so honored to have been "tagged" by illustrator, vanessa brantley newton at oohlaladesignstudio.blogspot.com. she really is an amazing artist and i love looking at her work. i wish that i had her imagination. you should definitely take a trip over to her blog and look at all of her fun and inspiring illustrations. i am normally horrible at following through with tags and chain e-mails (you could actually add that to my list as number 8), but i was so honored that vanessa would think to tag me, i wanted to do it. AND i want to see how those friends that i tag might answer as well. i can only imagine. they are each very unique and special and funny and i certainly like them:
here are the rules:
1. link the tagger and post the rules
2. post 7 random facts about yourself
3. tag 7 friends and link to them
4. let them know they have been tagged by leaving a nice little message on their blog
so, here are 7 random facts you might not know about me:
1. i love to eat pure-sugar sweets like rock candy (or just pure sugar by the spoonful).
2. i visualize numbers in color (ie: "5" is sky blue, "6" is pink, "7" is yellow, etc...).
3. i would like to live in london again one day.
4. i've always wanted to write and illustrate at least one children's book.
5. i haven't eaten at taco bell since 1988.
6. i'm fascinated by the local restaurant, egg roll hut (see visual above), but have never been inside. i doubt i ever will. i took that photo one afternoon.
7. i loved watching "little house on the prairie" when i was small and still compare my circumstances to laura ingalls wilder when i think times are tough. just think of how tough laura had it out on the prairie...
alright, be tagged!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
commissioned portrait in pastel/conte, 18"x24"
i tried to take several quick photos by sunlight as i worked on this little guy. there are a few details that i need to tweak before finishing. i'll try to post a better image with good lighting once it's complete.
Monday, November 10, 2008
i never did get around to posting several of the pieces that i created in preparation for the art show last month. so, tonight i thought i'd pay tribute to some of those that never made the cut. you can see these and more if you'd like, in my online store: darrahdeangooden.bigcartel.com.
a good night to you!
Monday, November 3, 2008
thanks so much to ARThiel for including this portrait in her "treasury" on etsy. a treasury basically features and promotes different artists work. ARThiel picked several portraits and grouped them together to be featured. i am honored to be a part! click here to view them all.
ps: the listing will expire in 3 days.